Funeral Funds is a “virtual” life insurance agency and we focus solely on selling burial, cremation, and final expense life insurance 100% over the phone.
In the past, this insurance was sold by visiting people in their homes or making them travel to an insurance salesperson’s office. We don’t help people that way at Funeral Funds.
We help people via telesales and we get approved for burial, cremation, or final expense life insurance 100% over the phone.
We have a unique and creative work environment that we value and protect. If you are a good fit, we would love to have you work for us!
KEY EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secure efficient and compliant enrollment for our clients in the most appropriate low-cost burial, cremation, and final expense life insurance products.
- Provide friendly, professional, and consultive customer service with no “sales pressure”.
- Provide unbiased help and always doing the right thing for our clients.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or GED required
- Typing speed of 25WPM with 90% accuracy required
- Excellent writing and composition skills for email and texting communication with clients
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Must take ownership in every situation and provide positive outcomes for our company and our clients.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FROM EMPLOYEES?
- Being totally 100% reliable
- Being coachable and willing to grow yourself and your income
- Having an unmatched work ethic
If are missing any of these three work attributes, you are not the right fit for us.
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS (no exceptions):
- All work is performed in our Lewisville, TX area location only (we do not offer out-of-state remote agent employment under any circumstances)
- Regular work hours are Monday through Friday and occasional Saturdays to best serve our clients.
- Superior communication and customer service skills over the phone with both inbound and outbound warm prospects.
- Ability to read, write, and clearly speak the English language and audibly using correct grammar (English + Spanish speaking is a bonus!)
- Skilled with computers and online computer software applications.
- Excellent listening, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills required.
- Self-starter attitude with a strong work ethic and a passion for providing excellent results and outcomes
- Must pass a background check and drug test
SALES AGENT REQUIREMENTS (in addition to the above general requirements)
- Agents must have an active Texas resident life insurance agent license and be able to obtain multiple state non-resident licenses
- Must have current Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Can I work from home?
No, we do not offer home-based sales or customer service positions. All work is performed in our Lewisville, TX area located office.
How many hours per week?
Approximately 32 to 40 hours a week for hourly team members.
What days of the week will I work?
Our business hours are Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays. Our hours vary depending on what time zone our clients live within.
How do I get paid?
All wages, commissions, and employee bonuses will be paid directly by Funeral Funds. All sales and customer service positions are W-2 hourly or salary employment. Sales agents are not paid directly by the insurance companies.
What kind of training is provided?
We provide A to Z training for all of our team members and agents. We have a comprehensive onboarding process and provide daily sales and service training sessions.
How is my sales performance monitored?
We monitor your sales and profitability on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis. We do require minimum sales performance numbers and reward superior sales performance daily, weekly, monthly, and annually.
How can I increase my income?
We grow our team by using our current talent to promote from within thereby offering you the ability to increase your income. We also offer daily, weekly, monthly, and annual performance-based financial incentives.
Will I qualify for bonuses?
Yes, we do offer performance bonuses to increase your overall income.
Are leads provided to sales agents?
Yes. We provide all warm leads at no cost to our agents. We do not cold call people under any circumstances.
Do I need E&O insurance if I’m a licensed agent?
Yes, licensed agents will need to purchase this insurance at their own expense to work for us. This does not apply to our customer service positions.
What if I have experience working for another agent or insurance company?
The insurance industry has an extremely high agent drop-out rate, and our experience shows that dropouts from other insurance companies rarely fit well into our business and service culture. We have a business and service culture that we passionately protect and our goal is to hire and promote from within whenever possible.
Do employees have to sign a non-compete agreement?
Absolutely not. Non-compete agreements are generally unenforceable and tend to be as worthless as the paper they are written on. If you need to leave or accept employment elsewhere, we won’t get in any way of you feeding and providing for your family and loved ones.
Will you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement?
100% yes on this one. Our training and sales processes are propriety and confidential. We will vigorously protect our business systems and intellectual assets that we have developed over many years.