Our Lose It review for seniors will provide you with an in-depth look at this weight loss app.
Seniors who become overweight or obese due to lack of exercise and poor diet choices increase their chances for serious health consequences.
As more seniors are using smartphones and tablets, apps for weight loss are becoming increasingly popular. We will see if Lose It is effective at helping seniors in weight management.
FOR EASIER NAVIGATION:
- How Weight Management Apps Work
- What Is Lose It For Seniors?
- How Lose It Can Help Seniors Wanting To Lose Weight
- Reasons Why Seniors Chose Lose It
- Lose It For Seniors Pros And Cons
- Lose It Versus Other Weight Loss Apps
- Additional Questions & Answers On Lose It For Seniors
HOW WEIGHT MANAGEMENT APPS WORK
Weight management apps help seniors (or anyone age 18 to 85) track their daily food intake and exercise, along with other physical activities. These apps also track your calorie intake to help you meet your dietary needs or goals. These applications make it easier for people to form a healthy, long-term habit out of calorie monitoring.
Weight management tracking apps provide shortcuts. Instead of manually adding up the amount on food packages tracking apps provide shortcuts like food databases, barcode scanning, recipe banks, and more.
These time-saving capabilities allow you to record meals much faster with less work. The apps then utilize your recorded foods to determine your daily calorie consumption and compare it to the figures you need to reach your weight objectives.
Weight management tracking apps also provide extras like fitness capabilities, extra encouragement, coaching components, and even social networks for like-minded individuals.
WHAT IS LOSE IT FOR SENIORS?
Lose It! is a calorie tracker app that is available on iOS and Android that allows you to:
- Track calories and exercise – track calories on food and track your movements.
- Personalized weight loss plan – create a personalized weight loss plan based on your body composition and activity level.
- Log food intuitively – with a database of over 32 million food logging items is easy.
- Scan packages – use your camera to scan food and barcodes
- Sync health apps and devices – compatible with Apple Health and Google Fit and other fitness trackers.
- Track exercise – log your exercise in the app and sync it.
- Join groups – add friends and join groups in the community
- Advance tracking – track your macronutrients, blood pressure, water intake, and more.
- Plan meal and exercise – create a customized meal plan and exercise to meet specific dietary needs.
HOW LOSE IT CAN HELP SENIORS WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT
Lose It! is particularly helpful for seniors who need to lose weight, but might not have an easy way to access a gym or take care of large blocks of unbroken time during which they can exercise.
Lose It! is effective in decreasing weight gain and increasing physical activity among seniors. A study of 164 sedentary adults with obesity, ages 60 to 75, found those who used a mobile app for weight loss lost more than twice as much weight as those who did not use the app. This group had an average of 7.1 percent decrease in weight after using the app for 90 days, as opposed to a 3.6 percent loss for those who did not use an app.
Lose It! provides seniors with a powerful weight management system for effective weight loss, it also helps those who want to avoid gaining weight in the first place. The app’s calorie counter can be used as a preventative measure against gaining weight, and its large user base gives seniors the added motivation they need to stay on track.
Seniors who use Lose It! and join the larger weight management community find many opportunities for encouragement and support. These social connections work best with seniors who team up with family members or friends to improve their health together. The support system encourages them while holding them accountable.
REASONS WHY SENIORS CHOSE LOSE IT
- Cheap or free (depending on the version used).
- Large user base that provides accountability and support.
- Features a large food database with nutritional information.
- Connects to popular wearable devices for convenience.
- Can be used to log exercise routines done outside the app.
- Email updates keep users informed of their progress.
- Strong social connections within the Lose It! community can provide encouragement and support during tough times.
The most unique feature that Lose It! has to offer is its user-friendly competition trackers. These popular features allow seniors to compete against other users in personal challenges to help accomplish weight loss goals.
When seniors join these challenges, they are typically matched up with others who have similar exercise and eating habits. These power users can be found on Lose It!’s social forums using the #beastmode hashtag. Here, seniors can connect with one another for moral support while checking out their progress.
The competition trackers also work well for seniors because they can restrict the challenge to within a certain time period. For example, you may want to compete with others only during your lunch break so that you don’t have to include evening activities in your calorie tally.
LOSE IT FOR SENIORS PROS AND CONS
LOSE IT FOR SENIORS’ PROS
1) Seniors who are just now beginning their weight loss journey will find that the free Lose It app is easy to use. They can benefit from its challenges, trackers, and recipes without spending any money. The social aspects of this app make it perfect for seniors who like having fun while staying healthy!
2) Seniors who are not interested in technology or prefer to work out alone can still benefit from the weight loss tips and diet plans Lose It offers. Seniors can take these insights to create their own personal plan for staying healthy.
3) Seniors who do not have enough money for premium Lose It may want to sign up for a free account. They can use the challenges and trackers for free without spending money. Seniors who find success with these aspects of Lose It may decide that they want to upgrade later on!
LOSE IT FOR SENIORS’ CONS
1) Seniors will need to purchase the premium Lose It app if they want access to the latest features and updates. This can be a problem because many seniors do not have enough money for this upgrade. Those who cannot afford it may find that they are missing out on some important aspects of Lose It.
2) Seniors who do not like technology or prefer working out alone will not be able to benefit from the Lose It social challenges and trackers. They may also feel intimidated by the app’s social features if they prefer privacy and independence.
3) Seniors who have never used a weight management app before may find that Lose It is too advanced for their needs. Seniors who prefer a more hands-on approach, such as written insights and guidance, will not get the same benefits from this app!
LOSE IT VERSUS OTHER WEIGHT LOSS APPS
LOSE IT VS. OTHER APPS (FOR ANYONE AGE 18-85)
MyFitnessPal is another popular weight loss app. Those who are just beginning their weight loss journey will need to pay for the premium version of MyFitnessPal, which can be too advanced for seniors who prefer a more hands-on approach. Seniors may also find that they miss out on some important aspects of Lose It if they use the free version of MyFitnessPal.
Lose It vs. Noom for Seniors
Noom is a weight management app that uses coaching to keep users motivated. While this can be helpful for seniors who need motivation, Lose It offers a lot of great tools for free! Seniors can benefit from the diet plans and health insights without paying any money, which means they may get more out of Lose It than Noom.
Lose It vs. WW (Weight Watchers) for Seniors
Weight Watchers is a weight management app that allows users to track their food intake, monitor progress, and attend in-person meetings. Those who enjoy group activities will benefit from Weight Watchers more than Lose It! Seniors can also chat with friends on the app, which may help them stay motivated during the day. However, seniors who are just beginning their weight loss journey will need to pay for the Weight Watchers premium version, which can be too advanced for seniors who prefer a more hands-on approach. And seniors may also find that they miss out on some important aspects of Lose It if they use the free version of Weight Watchers!
Lose It vs. Runkeeper for Seniors
Runkeeper is another popular weight loss app that has features specifically designed to help seniors exercise and lose weight. Those who are just beginning their weight loss journey will need to pay for the premium version of Runkeeper, which can be too advanced for seniors who prefer a more hands-on approach. Seniors may also find that they miss out on some important aspects of Lose It if they use the free version of Runkeeper!
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT APPS COMPARISON
This Lose it review will help you compare this app to other apps in the market. There are several things to consider when comparing weight management apps for seniors or anybody from 18-85 such as features, benefits, and pricing options.
Lose It is a weight management app with a user-friendly interface that makes calorie tracking easy and personalized weight loss program.
Lose It will generate your calorie needs by analyzing your age, weight, and health goals then they come up with a personalized weight loss plan for you.
To track your calorie intake, you will need to log your food intake into the app every day. You can use the barcode scanner to add foods to your log. You can also take pictures of your meals to track your food intake and portion sizes.
Lose It has a community where you can add friends and family to participate in challenges with other users. You can also ask questions in the forum.
The app sends you a report of your daily and weekly calorie intake. You will see your weight changes in a graph.
LOSE IT KEY FEATURES
- Calorie counting – makes calorie counting easier by automating the process. They have intuitive logging that remembers the food you log.
- Personalized weight loss plan – weight loss is personalized based on your body composition and activity levels.
- Exercise tracking – track your exercise by syncing your exercise tracking app like FitBit with Lose It
- Barcode scanning – It has a barcode scanner to quickly identify foods, making food tracking and calorie counting easier.
- Smart camera – log your food by taking a picture making food portion tracking easier.
- DNA insights – upload your DNA results and optimize your diet and exercise based on your DNA
- Personal database of foods – intuitive tracking by creating a personal database of foods you log into the system.
- Water and macronutrients tracking – help you track your water and macronutrient intake
- Social networking – add friends and family to support each other in your fitness journey.
UNIQUE FEATURE: User-friendly interface
This app makes calorie tracking simple and easy. It also provides detailed charts and progress reports that could motivate you in your weight loss journey.
- They have a large database of food, restaurant items, and brands which make food tracking easier.
- Provide ways to track your water and macronutrients.
- Lose It can be sync with other weight loss and fitness apps.
- Their food database does not include some popular brands.
Has a free and premium plan.
Premium: $39.99 per year
With the premium plan, you will be able to sync your devices,
get access to a range of different things including DNA insights, meal and exercise planning.
MyFitnessPal is a weight management app that syncs with many fitness apps, trackers, and other devices. They also have a specialized community where users can add friends, exchange recipes, and stay motivated by encouraging one another.
MyFitnessPal allows you to log what you eat and track your calorie intake every day. They have a barcode scanner that makes entering nutrition information on packaged foods easier.
MyFitnessPal also allows you to search for healthy recipes that you can include in your diet. It generates a report on your carbohydrate, fat, and protein consumption.
They also have a social component. The message board allows you to connect with other users to share tips and success stories.
MYFITNESSPAL KEY FEATURES
- Built-in calorie counter – an up-to-date listing of calorie values. MyFitnessPal has a built-in calorie counter that allows you to easily record the foods you eat throughout the day.
- Large database of foods – has a large database of foods and beverages so you don’t have to enter food items yourself.
- Exercise tracking – many exercise tracking apps are compatible with MyFitnessPal
- Community updates – get real-time news feed from your community
- Personalized diet plans – get personalized weight loss plan based on existing weight and goals.
- Detailed reports – get detailed fitness progress report
UNIQUE FEATURE: Wider app integration
Compatible with many fitness trackers and devices. MyFitnessPal can be synced with over 50 fitness and lifestyle apps.
- Compatible with many fitness and lifestyle apps like Fitbit, Garmin, Jawbone Up, and Strava and many others.
- Your calories will be adjusted based on what you burned during exercise.
- The Quick Add feature allows you enter the number of calories even when you don’t have the time to enter the full details of your meal.
- The food database may not be entirely accurate because some of them are entered by users.
- Adjusting serving sized may be time-consuming.
Has a free and premium plan
Premium: $9.99 per month or $49.99 per year
MyFitnessPal has a free plan. However, the premium plan allows you to get more features such as the ability to set calorie goals for different days, export spreadsheets, guided nutrition plans, food analysis, and insights, the ability to subtract exercise calories.
Noom is a specialized weight management app designed by behavioral psychologists to help in weight loss. Noom offers a psychological approach to weight loss by providing coaching and support groups.
Noom assesses your calorie needs based on your answer to the health questions, your sex, height, weight, and your goals. They track your food intake through the food database.
Noom offers virtual coaching during working hours. You can also read articles and answer daily quizzes to get motivated.
NOOM KEY FEATURES
- One-on-One health coaching – provides personal coaching from Noom professionals
- Comprehensive food tracking – they have a large food database
- Quizzes and articles – to learn more about weight management
- Community – large community of users who are ready to assist in your journey
UNIQUE FEATURE: Provides coaching
Noom offers personalized health coaching and regular check-in to make sure members achieve their weight goals.
- Personalized health coaching.
- Color-coded food system teaches users to make healthy choices.
- Noom provides support through their community and live chats.
- You need to subscribe to get the most out of this app.
- Their subscription fee is expensive.
Has a 14-day free trial and paid plan
- Monthly – $59
- 2 Months – $49.50
- 4 Months – $32.25
The paid plan allows you to access the main features, especially personal coaching.
WW (WEIGHT WATCHERS)
WW is formerly known as Weight Watchers digital app assist in weight loss and maintenance.
WW uses a point system to help members stay within their calorie allotment. Users have assigned points to aim to achieve weight loss.
WW app allows you to track your food intake and keep track of your points. You can use the barcode scanner feature to enter your food.
They also provide 24/7 live coaching. You can also access over 8,000 healthy recipes based on your dietary requirements.
WW KEY FEATURES:
- Use SmartPoints to track foods and exercise
- Has FreeStyle system with 200+ Zeropoint foods to choose from
- Social component – has an exclusive WW community to support your weight loss plan
- Workshops – allows you to attend wellness workshops
- Coaching – provides personalized coaching
UNIQUE FEATURE: Community support
WW has the biggest community of users that can provide support to each member.
- Provides 24/7 live coaching to members.
- Community support to members to keep you motivated.
- The point system is difficult to track to some people.
- You need to subscribe to get the full benefit of the app. The subscription fee is expensive.
Has a 14-day free trial
Digital plan – $3.38 per week
Digital 360 – $5 per week with a 30-day free trial
Unlimited Workshops and Digital – $6 per week
One-on-One Coaching and digital – $11 per week
WHAT IS YOUR BEST OPTION?
When to choose Lose it:
- You want an easy to use and straightforward calorie tracking app.
- You only need a free calorie tracker
- You want to add family and friends to support you.
- You have the compatible device they support
- You want the most affordable plan.
When to choose MyFitnessPal:
- You use wearable and smartwatch
- You use different devices to track your diet and exercise.
- You want to get a personalize diet plan.
- You want an extensive good database
When to choose Noom:
- You want personal coaching
- You want personalize weight loss plan based on your personal profile
- You want to participate in quizzes
- You want community support
When to choose WW:
- You want personalize coaching
- You want to use the chat feature to answer questions and seek support
- You want the largest community support
- You want to participate in workshops
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ON LOSE IT FOR SENIORS
Is the Lose It weight loss app free?
Lose It basic plan is free. If you only want to track your calorie intake, you can use the basic plan. But, if you want to enjoy their other features, you need to subscribe to the premium plan for a fee.
Do you have to pay for Lose It?
Lose It! Has a basic plan that is free. You can use it if you want the app but don’t want to pay for it. However, if you need to unlock the additional features, you can get the premium plan for $39.99 a year.
Is Lose It app good for weight loss?
Yes, Lose It calorie tracker app is good for weight loss, especially if you want to know your daily calorie intake and you want to make some adjustments to your diet to achieve faster weight loss.
Is Lose It a good app to lose weight?
Lose It is a good app to use if you want to lose weight. It is very user-friendly and can help you track your daily caloric intake. By analyzing your age, weight, and health goals, Lose It will create a weight loss plan personalized to your needs which can guide you on your weight loss journey.
How accurate is Lose It calorie counter?
Lose It accuracy isn’t determined yet because data comes from the user’s personal input and may influence the result. Aside from this, the barcode-scanning features may create some inaccuracies.
Is there a free version of Lose It?
Yes, Lose It basic plan is free, but if you want to unlock their many features, you can subscribe to their premium plan.
What is the difference between Lose It and MyFitnessPal?
Lose It and MyFitnessPal almost has the same features. The only difference is that MyFitnessPal supports more fitness trackers and devices. It can be synced with over 50 fitness and lifestyle apps.
What is the difference between Lose It and Lose It premium?
Lose It Premium allows members to connect LoseIt with fitness trackers like Runkeeper, Fitbit, Nike+, or MapMyFitness. It also allows you to track not just calories but macronutrients. You can also create future meals with the premium plan.
Is it worth upgrading Lose It app?
Yes, if you want to access all the features of Lose It and hasten to achieve your weight loss goals it will definitely help if you upgrade. Lose It guarantees that premium plans subscribers lose weight three times faster than those using the free app.
Can you track water on Lose It app?
Yes, water tracking is possible. Lose It allows you to track your water intake. You can record your water intake on the log screen.
Is Lose It like Weight Watchers?
Lose It and Weight Watchers share the same features like the search to enter new foods. They also have the same barcode scanner that will help you identify foods and track calorie values. The only difference is that Weight Watchers offers coaching and a larger user community.
What does Lose It premium give you?
Lose It premium allows you to sync your fitness tracker and devices into the app Runkeeper, Fitbit, Nike+, or MapMyFitness. It also allows you to track your nutrient goals and insights. You can also join the Lose It community and participate in challenges.
Can you share meals on Lose It?
Yes, you can share meals on the Lose It app by typing log, then tapping the ellipsis on the right of the meal, and then select “share.” Doing this will allow you to share meals with friends.
How does Lose It calorie burn bonus work?
Lose It estimate your daily calorie burn by multiplying your basal metabolic rate by your chosen physical activity level. You get a calorie bonus if you exceeded your Lose It calorie burn in a day.
Does Loseit track exercise?
Yes, Lose It has the ability to track your exercise by syncing your fitness trackers or devices to the app. You will get an exercise credit and it will reduce the calorie consumed from foods.
What does the green check mark mean on the Lose It app?
The checkmark on your Lose It app means “I’m done logging” and your calorie intake was credited to your account. The green checkmark means you are under your daily caloric budget, while the red mark means you are over your daily caloric budget.
How much does Lose It app cost?
You can download the Lose It app for free, but if you want to access all the features, you need to subscribe to the premium plan. The Lose It premium plan costs $9.99 a month or $39.99 a year.
Is Noom or MyFitnessPal better?
Both Noom and MyFitnessPal is good app to use to help you achieve your weight loss goals. However, Noom is better if you want to implement behavior changes because it is designed by behavioral psychologists. It also allows the users to access the coaching feature of the app.
Is Noom like MyFitnessPal?
MyFitnessPal is more like Lose It because it focuses more on calorie counting and tracking fitness. While Noom is more focused on personalization and coaching. Noom shares the most features with WW or Weight Watchers.
Is Noom just calorie counting?
Calorie counting is the basic function of Noom. Noom also offers a personalized coaching program that makes it different from most calorie counting apps.
Is MyFitnessPal app free?
MyFitnessPal is free to download, but if you want to access their full features you need to subscribe to the premium plan at a cost.
What is the difference between Lose It and MyFitnessPal?
Both Lose It and MyFitnessPal allows you to track your calorie consumption. Lose It on the other hand allows you to track your water intake and macronutrients while MyFitnessPal allows many fitness trackers and devices than Lose It.
How much does Noom cost per month?
The Noom cost per month can go up to $59. Your cost will vary on your individual needs and preferences.