Are you wondering how you can get burial insurance if you need help with dressing? Many people needing help with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring and continence have been declined coverage at least once.
The good news is that burial insurance is available even if you need help with dressing and other activities of daily living. Several insurance companies will issue coverage even if you have trouble with some of your ADL’s.
If you or a loved one currently need assistance with getting dressed and need to get life insurance coverage, we can help. We can get you approved for final expense coverage even if you need help with dressing.
Burial insurance plans do not require a medical exam. You don’t even need to answer any health questions because your health is not taken into account to qualify.
This article will discuss how you can find affordable final expense insurance if you need help with dressing and other activities of daily living.
FOR EASIER NAVIGATION:
BURIAL INSURANCE IF YOU NEED HELP WITH DRESSING
Being appropriately dressed in cold or warm weather is a serious business for life insurance companies because choosing the appropriate clothing depending on the weather can help maintain the health and safety of the applicant.
The life insurance agency defines dressing as the ability to put on and take off clothing without struggling with buttons or zippers. It also includes getting an article of clothing from the closet and wearing it appropriately.
When assessing if you need help with dressing, it is okay to have somebody to choose the outfits for you, but you must be able to dress and fasten your clothes and artificial limbs without assistance.
The ability or inability to dress independently is used by the life insurance companies to measure an individual’s functional capacity, especially those older adults or those with disabilities.
If the applicant cannot perform dressing on their own, they will usually need long-term care services such as in-home care, nursing or assisted living facility. Needing long-term care is a red flag for most life insurance companies.
Anybody who needs help with dressing will be able to qualify for a guaranteed issue life insurance policy.
HOW DOES NEEDING HELP WITH DRESSING AFFECT LIFE INSURANCE?
Needing help from another person to get dress will significantly affect your ability to qualify for the best-priced insurance coverage.
Dressing is an important self-care activity that you must do on your own. Inability to get dress independently is associated with several health problems such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Cerebral palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Heart attack
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spina bifida
Any of these medical conditions can cause you to be unable to dress independently. In some cases, the inability to get dress may be due to forgetting the process because of cognitive impairment.
It’s not just about the inability to get dress independently but the medical condition that prevents you from doing so. These underlying medical conditions are the concern of the life insurance companies because it can cause premature death.
Anything that can cause premature death is considered high risk by life insurance companies.
Applicants needing help with dressing and other activities of daily living are considered high-risk applicants. Therefore, they will need to pay more premiums and have a short waiting period if you need help in performing ADLs.
WHAT ARE THE ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING?
Activities of daily living (ADL) are self-care activities that we must do every day to lead a normal, independent life. If you cannot perform these activities, it means you can no longer be able to care for yourself.
There are six ADLs used by life insurance companies to assess the applicants’ function and independence:
- The ability to put on and take off any item of clothing without struggling with buttons or zippers
- Putting on and taking off fasteners, splints, braces, and artificial limbs.
- Choosing appropriate clothing depending on the weather
- Obtaining clothes from drawers and closets
- Getting shoes and socks on and taking them off
Needing assistance from another person to complete these activities means you are dependent on help for dressing.
- The process of getting food into the body from a food container into the mouth, chewing and swallowing using adaptive utensils such as a spoon or fork. Eating includes drinking from a cup or glass.
- Cleaning the face and hands after meals
- When unable to feed yourself from a container, it means you may need to be fed through a feeding tube or intravenously.
- Common eating complications are trouble moving food from plate to mouth, difficulty chewing food and inability to swallow.[/su_list]
If you need assistance from another person to eat, you are dependent on help with eating.
- The ability to clean the whole body using a sponge, shower or tub
- Getting in and out of the shower, shower chair or tub safely
- Turning on and off the faucet
- Adjusting showerheads and changing water temperature as desired
- Reaching different body parts to soap, rinse and dry.
- Washing the hair in a tub, sink or shower
- Bathing also includes performing other grooming activities such as shaving, brushing teeth and hair, cleaning dentures, clipping nails, and make-up application
If you need assistance from another person to complete any of these bathing activities, you are dependent on help with bathing.
- The ability to locate the bathroom and go without any help
- Getting on and off the toilet safely
- Taking off and putting undergarments. And performing associated personal hygiene task
- Using and emptying a bedpan or urinal after use
- Changing menstrual products or incontinence products
Needing assistance from another person in completing any of these toileting activities means you are dependent on help for toileting.
- The ability to get in or out of bed, chair or wheelchair without assistance
- Sitting, rising and moving from couch, chair or bed
- Getting in and out of a vehicle
- Standing and repositioning yourself to promote blood circulation and prevent skin sore.
If you need assistance from another person with any of these transferring activities, you are dependent on help with transferring.
- The ability to maintain control of bladder and bowel function and perform personal hygiene tasks
- Urinary incontinence needing more than two changes of incontinent pads per day
- Fecal incontinence requiring frequent changes of incontinent pads or underwear
- Managing condom catheter ostomy or urinary catheter collection bag, including emptying and rinsing the collection bag.
If you can’t control your bladder or bowel function and you need assistance from another person to do the associated personal hygiene tasks, you are dependent on help for continence.
CAN I GET LIFE INSURANCE IF I NEED HELP WITH MY ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING?
The answer is YES! You can get burial insurance even if you need help with one or more of your activities of daily living. Guaranteed!
There is a specific type of life insurance policy that guarantees approval. The guaranteed issue (GI) burial insurance accepts applicants that meet the age requirement of 50 to 85 years old as long as they can make a financial decision and can enter into a legal contract.
We have companies that will accept you regardless of your medical condition or health problems. If you or a loved one currently needs help with ADL’s and need to get life insurance coverage, keep on reading. We will help you do a bit of research before you buy a policy.
INFORMATION WE NEED IF YOU NEED HELP WITH DRESSING
When applying for burial insurance if you need help with dressing, we will need some information about your current health and functionality. Your information will help us understand your inability to get dress on your own and your other health condition.
- Do you need help with dressing?
- Do you need help with other activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, toileting, transferring or continence?
- Have you ever been confined in a wheelchair?
- Are you currently bedridden?
- Are you in an assisted living or nursing facility?
- What medical conditions do you have?
- Are you taking medications?
- What medications do you take?
Be honest when answering these questions so that we can determine what insurance company is best for you and give you an accurate quote.
UNDERWRITING BURIAL INSURANCE IF YOU NEED HELP WITH DRESSING
Every burial insurance company that has underwriting (health questions) will ask if you need help with dressing or other activities of daily living on their application.
Common underwriting questions about dressing and other ADL include:
- Do you need assistance in performing activities of daily living such as dressing, eating, bathing, transferring, toileting or continence?
- Do you currently use a wheelchair due to chronic illness or disability?
- Do you currently receive home health care or, in the last 24 months, did you receive home health care services for more than three separate periods of care?
- Are you currently confined to an assisted living or nursing facility?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, your application for traditional life insurance will automatically be declined. However, you have another option for coverage which is a guaranteed acceptance whole life insurance which does not have any health questions.
INSURANCE OPTIONS IF YOU NEED HELP WITH DRESSING OR ADL
While it may be difficult to be approved for traditional life insurance when you need help with dressing and any of the activities of daily living, you can still qualify for guaranteed issue burial insurance.
Guaranteed Issue (GI) policies don’t require you to answer any underwriting questions because your health is not taken into account. You could have a terminal illness, and it won’t matter at all.
There are some things you need to understand about guaranteed issue life insurance. It has a death limitation for a natural cause of death during the first two years of the policy. The company will pay a full death benefit if you die from an accident during the two-year waiting period.
If you die from illness, the insurance company will return all the premiums you paid to your beneficiaries plus 10% interest. After the two-year waiting period, you are fully protected for life. At this point, the insurance company will pay the full death benefit to your beneficiaries if you die for any reason.
While it cost a bit more than insurance policies with underwriting, you will not have to worry about the possibility of being denied coverage because of your inability to dress on your own or perform any of the activities of daily living.
COMMONLY ADVERTISED GUARANTEED ISSUE BURIAL INSURANCE IN TV AND MAGAZINES YOU SHOULD AVOID:
- INCREASING PREMIUM – Many of these life insurance companies offering this plan require premium increase every five years. A real guaranteed acceptance life insurance has a fixed premium for life.
- POLICY TERMINATION AFTER AGE 80 – Some guaranteed issue policies end after you turn 80 years old. Guaranteed acceptance life insurance is a whole life insurance policy that lasts a lifetime.
- 3-YEAR WAITING PERIOD – The best-guaranteed issue life insurance has only a two-year waiting period. It is essential to work with an independent life insurance agency that will prevent you from being deceived into agreeing to buy a guaranteed issue life insurance with a 3-year or 4-year waiting period.
WHY DO YOU NEED A GUARANTEED ISSUE WHOLE LIFE INSURANCE IF YOU NEED HELP WITH DRESSING?
We recommend buying guaranteed issue burial insurance if you need help with dressing and other ADLs because it’s the only life insurance plan you will qualify for. If you are relatively healthy and only need help with dressing, you can have an average life expectancy and easily outlive the two-year waiting period.
Postponing your application for life insurance coverage is not a wise decision as your health may decline at any moment.
Buying a guaranteed issue burial insurance if you need help with dressing is worth it, you won’t lose money with this plan, and it cost much less in the long run than having no insurance coverage at all.
BENEFITS OF GUARANTEED ISSUE BURIAL INSURANCE
- Easy to qualify. You skip the medical exam and health questions. You are guaranteed to be approved regardless of your health conditions.
- Level premium. Your monthly premium is fixed for life. It is guaranteed to never increase regardless of your advancing age or worsening health condition.
- The death benefit will never decrease. Your beneficiaries will receive the full face amount on your policy when you pass away.
- Tax-free. Your death benefit will be paid to your beneficiaries free of tax. They will not owe any income tax on the death benefit.
- Your policy will never expire. Guaranteed acceptance life insurance is whole life insurance that will last your lifetime. The policy will never end as long as you keep paying the premiums.
- Not cancellable. Your policy can never be canceled by the life insurance company as long as premium payments are made on time.
- Cash value accumulation. Guaranteed acceptance life insurance is whole life insurance that accumulates cash value that you can withdraw or borrow against.
REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY FOR GUARANTEED ISSUE BURIAL INSURANCE
#1 – AGE REQUIREMENT – Every final expense company has their own age availability, but most guaranteed issue burial insurance companies accept applicants who are 50 to 85 years old.
#2 – STATE AVAILABILITY – Not every insurance company offers their insurance products in every state. Make sure the company has guaranteed acceptance life insurance policy available in your state before applying.
#3 – ABILITY TO ENTER A LEGAL CONTRACT – You must possess a mental capacity to enter into a legal contract. For example, if you have severe dementia or Alzheimer’s disease and you cannot legally consent to an agreement, the company may reject your application.
THE BEST GUARANTEED ISSUE LIFE INSURANCE POLICY
Some plans have three or even four-year waiting periods. It’s totally insane! Avoid these plans at all cost!
Two years is the shortest period possible before you are fully covered. You don’t have to wait for more than that.
If you need help with dressing, then GI policy is your best choice. Your application will be quick and easy because there are no medical exam or health questions.
Guaranteed issue life insurance has a two-year waiting period only, if you die on the first two years because of natural death, and your beneficiaries will get your premiums back plus 10% interest.
HOW CAN FUNERAL FUNDS HELP ME?
Trying to find a policy when you need help with dressing needn’t be a frustrating process; working with an independent agency like Funeral Funds will make the process easier and quicker.
If you have a health history of needing help with dressing, let us help you; we will work with you side by side to find a plan that fits your needs.
We will work with you every step of the way to find the plan that fits your financial requirements and budget. You don’t have to waste your precious time anymore searching for multiple insurance companies because we will do the dirty work for you.
We will shop your case to different insurance carriers and get you the best price.
We work with many A+ rated insurance carriers that specialized in covering high-risk clients like you. We will search for all those companies to get the best rate. We will match you up with the best burial insurance company that gives the best rate.
We will assist you in securing the coverage you need at a rate you can afford. So, if you are looking for help with dressing funeral insurance, or help with dressing burial insurance, or help with dressing life insurance, we can help.
Fill out our quote form on this page or call us at (888) 862-9456 and we can give you an accurate quote.