Welcome to our Gerber Guaranteed Issue life insurance review! Gerber Life offers insurance through all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Their headquarters is located in Fremont, Michigan, with additional offices in Toronto and Ontario, Canada. They have more than $45 billion of life insurance in force which helps provide financial security through over 3.3 million policies.
Gerber Life Insurance Company was created in 1967 as a subsidiary of Gerber Products Company (the baby food people). It is one of the biggest direct-marketing life insurance companies in the U.S. Their mission is to be the brand that parent trust to help them achieve financial security and protection for their families. They sell insurance policies directly to consumers, and there is no middleman. You can get Gerber Life Insurance quotes online, and applications are available through a simple system.
Gerber Life Insurance Company has high rating levels with multiple rating services. A.M. Best the industry’s authority on the financial stability of insurance companies gives “A Excellent” rating to Gerber Life. It means the company will have no difficulty paying insurance claims or meeting financial obligations in the future. Although Gerber Life Insurance Company is not Better Business Bureau approved, the company has been given a grade of A+ by the BBB.
Gerber is perhaps the most recognizable brand in juvenile life insurance…but they may not be your best choice.
The company provides life insurance policies for children, adults, and seniors. All of Gerber’s life insurance products are marketed to provide for the financial future of children.
The Grow-up Plan and College Life plans are their best-known products. These products were created for parents who are concerned about the high cost of college and to provide for their children when they pass away.
Gerber Life also provides life insurance products for adults and senior…but they may not be your best choice.
One of their more recent products is guaranteed issue life insurance. Gerber life insurance for adults is burial insurance policies for individuals between the ages of 50 and 80 and pays a death benefit from $5,000 to $25,000. This plan has no medical exam or lengthy health questionnaires. The company issues policies regardless of your health condition.
In this article, we will evaluate the guaranteed issue life insurance plan of Gerber Life Insurance Company. After we are done with Gerber reviews, you will know if Gerber Life’s guaranteed issue final expense plan is right for you.
FOR EASIER NAVIGATION:
GERBER GUARANTEED ISSUE LIFE INSURANCE REVIEW
We all purchase life insurance for different reasons.
We may want assurance that loved will get money should anything happen to them, or just make sure that funds are available to pay for our funeral and other final expenses.
Many people can qualify for life insurance protection, but others may not be as fortunate healthwise. For people with health conditions, senior adults, or those who work in a risky occupation, life insurance can be a challenge. One of the best ways to be eligible for life insurance coverage would be through a no exam life insurance policy.
A guaranteed issue life insurance policy can provide a way for life insurance protection, even if you had been declined for life insurance in the past.
Before purchasing a Gerber guaranteed life insurance policy or Gerber guaranteed life insurance for seniors, it is critical to apply for the life insurance that will give you the most affordable pricing and financial protection.
We can help you shop for life insurance and compare all the possible options before you decide which one is the best for you and your family. There are various types of plans in the market today, and all of them have different advantages and disadvantages.
You are well-advised to look at the insurance company to determine if it is financially stable and consistent in paying claims to the beneficiaries. One company that meets those criteria is Gerber Life Insurance Company.
Let’s examine the pros and cons of Gerber guaranteed issue life insurance.
GERBER GUARANTEED ISSUE LIFE INSURANCE ADVANTAGES:
- Price – Gerber Life has competitively priced guaranteed issue life insurance plans, but not always the best pricing (especially if you are healthy). Their pricing structure generally makes this insurance affordable for seniors, even those with significant health issues to get the burial insurance or final expense insurance coverage they need. You will generally qualify for better pricing through many of the other companies we represent at Funeral Funds.
- Simple Underwriting Process – there is no medical exam, and you don’t have to answer any health questions. There is a guaranteed approval regardless of your past or recent health conditions. You can qualify even if you have severe health issues such as heart failure, stroke, or diabetes. And since there is no medical exam, approval will only take several days instead of several weeks.
- Simple Application Process – you will only answer basic questions. Applications can be made over the phone or completed by mail.
- Lifetime Coverage – Gerber guaranteed issue life insurance is a whole life policy which means that you are covered your entire life. The policy won’t expire as long as you pay the premium, your policy will remain in force for the duration of your life. If your goal is to pay your final expenses and leave some funds for your heirs, policies like this assure you that it will be there when you need it the most.
- Accumulates Cash Value – a part of the funds from your premium payment are allocated to a cash account that you can borrow against. Cash value can be used to pay premiums for a period of time according to Gerber. Cash value is essential if you’re on a budget and faced with extra expenses. You can use the cash value on your policy by calling Gerber and asking that your cash value is used to pay your premium.
- The policy is Non-Cancelable – Gerber Life Insurance Company cannot cancel your policy. The only way for the policy to be canceled is if the policyholder stops making the premium payment. You can be assured of that your coverage will remain in force during your lifetime because Gerber cannot cancel the policy as long as you’re making the payments.
- No Medical Exam – You can qualify for Gerber guaranteed issue life insurance as long as you’re a U.S. citizen and between the ages of 50 and 80. There are no medical exams; you don’t need to pass a sample of blood or urine. Everyone can qualify even if you have cancer, congestive heart disease, COPD, Parkinson’s, or some other severe disease; you are guaranteed approval. Guaranteed issue life insurance is often the only option for these high-risk applicants.
- No Health Questions – there are no health questions either when applying for Gerber’s guaranteed issue life insurance. You are not obligated to tell any of your past or present health issues. Gerber Life guaranteed issue burial insurance plan would not deny applicants for any reason. Each applicant that applies and pays the first premium will be covered.
- Burial insurance for seniors – Gerber guaranteed issue life insurance is available for ages 50 to 80. Anyone denied life insurance because of advanced age will still qualify for Gerber life insurance for seniors.
- Fixed premiums – the premiums are fixed for the life of the policy it does not increase over time. Whatever you pay from day one is what you will be paying for the years to come. There will never be increasing premium every five years because the last thing you want is increasing premiums that become a burden to pay as you age.
- You can buy as little or as much as you need – the face amount that policyholders can apply for range from a minimum of $5,000 up to a maximum of $25,000. The average cost of a funeral ranges from $7,000 to $10,000 depending on your locality. The face amount would be enough to cover the cost of burial, funeral services, and other final expenses.
- Payment method – Gerber Life insurance payment can be made by a credit or debit card as an alternative to debiting your checking account or savings account. The other payment method is by sending in a check or money order monthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually. There is also a Gerber life insurance pay by phone option.
GERBER GUARANTEED ISSUE LIFE INSURANCE DISADVANTAGES:
- Two-year waiting period – Gerber guaranteed issue life insurance has a two year waiting period. To keep coverage affordable, there is a two year waiting period before the full coverage begins. During the policy’s waiting period, the insured is provided conditional coverage. The whole death benefit will only be given for accidental death. A graded death benefit limitation will apply for death from natural causes.
- Graded death benefit – all guaranteed issue life insurance comes with a graded death benefit. It is the only way for Gerber to protect the company from someone signing up for life insurance which is near their deathbed. Graded death benefit allows the company to make a profit while offering coverage to higher risk applicants.
A graded death benefit provides that if the insured dies within the first two years of the policy from natural causes, the beneficiary will receive all premiums paid plus 10% interest.
This interest rate given by Gerber is competitive with other insurance companies in the market today. If the insured dies due to an accident, the full face amount will be paid. After the two-year waiting period, the total amount will be paid to the beneficiary whatever the cause of death may be including suicide.
WHEN TO CONSIDER GERBER GUARANTEED ISSUE LIFE INSURANCE
You must consider all your options before you settle for burial insurance like Gerber Life’s guaranteed issue life insurance. This plan can be simple and easy to apply, but it is not right for everyone.
Guaranteed issue life insurance is probably the most expensive type of life insurance policy. It should be your last resort option and only used if you cannot qualify for other better-priced burial policies or life insurance policies.
Gerber guaranteed issue life insurance is the ideal coverage for senior citizens and adults who cannot medically qualify for life insurance coverage. Gerber life for seniors can help pay for the remaining medical debt, burial cost, and other final expenses.
It is always cheaper to apply for traditional life insurance coverage than a guaranteed life insurance policy.
You should only consider Gerber guaranteed issue life insurance if you have these high-risk conditions:
- You have a chronic or terminal illness
- You have organ or tissue transplant
- You are currently on dialysis because of late-stage renal disease
- You have cancer
- You have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia
- You have HIV or AIDS
- You are in a nursing home
OTHER GERBER LIFE INSURANCE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
Aside from guaranteed issue life insurance policy, Gerber Life Insurance Company also has other insurance products both for children and adults. These include the following:
Whole Life Insurance – Gerber life insurance for adults’ whole life is a type of permanent life insurance coverage. Gerber life insurance for seniors provides coverage for your entire life as long as you pay the premiums – compared to term life insurance, which protects for only a specified period. You can lock in an affordable rate of premium that will never increase as long as the policy is in force. The payments are predictable and easier to fit into the budget.
Gerber whole life insurance for adult policies has a death benefit that ranges from $25,000 up to $150,000. There is also a cash value component in the plan where funds can grow tax-deferred. This money is available to the policyholder and can be used to pay premium payment or can be borrowed to help cover lost income, mortgage payments or other expenses.
Gerber is only one company you should consider if you want the best whole life insurance coverage and the best whole life insurance pricing.
Term Life Insurance – this type of insurance provides protection for a specific period of time or term. Gerber term policy is available for 10, 15, 20, and a 30-year term. Most of the time this is the most affordable option for people who need life insurance protection. The premiums in Gerber term life are locked in and will never increase during the policy term. The premium you agree to pay when the coverage begins is the same amount you’ll pay throughout the life of the policy.
The death benefit options range from $25,000 up to $150,000. The death benefit is guaranteed never to decrease.
Gerber term life insurance rarely has the best pricing for term life insurance.
Term life insurance is never appropriate for final expense or burial policy funding as we become older.
Accident Protection – Accidents do happen, and it can cause financial difficulty for those left behind or disabled. Gerber accidental life protection insurance can provide funds when an unexpected happens. These plans from Gerber Life Insurance Company have accidental death protection that ranges from $20,000 to $100,000. The cash benefit can help to pay for out-of-pocket medical costs, lost wages or other expenses.
The policyholder and his spouse can be pre-approved for up to $200,000 in combined coverage if they are both 19 to 69 years old. No medical exam is required, or no health questions are needed to qualify. You are eligible regardless of your health condition or a hazardous occupation.
You will have immediate coverage upon your first payment. Accidental benefits can never be reduced, and the monthly premium is level meaning it will never increase during the life of the policy.
Feel free to contact us for other companies that provide better priced guaranteed acceptance accidental death policies.
Grow-Up Plan – Gerber Life’s Grow-up Plan or Gerber baby life insurance policy is a whole life insurance insurance for babies and children that build cash value. It is one of the best children’s life insurance and life insurance for grandchildren. The parents are the policy owner until the child reaches the age of 21. When the child becomes the policy owner, he is guaranteed permanent insurance protection as long as premiums are paid. The child also has the option to buy additional coverage for themselves as an adult, regardless of their health condition or occupation.
Gerber Grow-Up Plan best life insurance for kids offers between $5,000 and $50,000 of life insurance coverage. It can be applied for any time between the child’s age of 14 days to 14 years. This is life insurance that grows, the amount of coverage automatically doubles when the child turns 18 years old.
If you want more life insurance options at better pricing, reach out to us and we can refer you to a trusted life insurance company.
If you’ve been denied for life insurance in the past because of your health condition or hazardous occupation, Gerber’s guaranteed issue life insurance can be an affordable option for you. You can search for Gerber life insurance application pdf online.
Gerber Life provides a seemingly affordable guaranteed issue life insurance compared with other insurance carriers, but you can often get better pricing with other companies that we work with at Funeral Funds.
WHAT KIND OF BURIAL POLICIES AND FINAL EXPENSE POLICIES SHOULD I AVOID?
TV AND MAGAZINE ADVERTISEMENTS – Most burial policies or final expense policies you see advertised on television or in magazines are sold as “the no-brainer way” to shop for this protection.
In reality, most of these policies rely on you having NO BRAIN to purchase them.
Just about everyone is eligible for immediate coverage and better pricing allowed by these heavily advertised policies that cost an arm and leg.
To make a long story short, it is better to shop for burial policies with a specialist in burial insurance, like FuneralFunds.com, than to sign up with a company that spends ba-zillions of dollars each month advertising on television and in magazines.
Increasing Price Policies
Those TV and magazine final expense policies may increase in price every five years or have a two-year waiting period before your benefits kick in! What in tarnation!?!
These policies aren’t all they’re cracked up to be, and you often end up at the short end of the stick by purchasing burial insurance this way.
These tricky television magazine snake oil salesmen lure you in with an attractive rate, only to have the cost of your insurance increase every five years until you cannot afford the premiums, then you must cancel your policy.
What happens after you cancel the policy?
You’ll die and will have wasted all that money because you bought a policy that increases in price as you get older. These policies just don’t cut the mustard for most folks!
Avoid policies that increase in price every year or end at a certain age. You don’t want your family to get hung out to dry when they need this coverage the most.
Why choose Funeral Funds for my burial policy?
Most life insurance agents are fine, respectable people.
There are, however, the classic “snake oil” life insurance agents, who will sell you the easiest and most expensive policy possible.
The guaranteed issue folks claim you don’t even need to talk to an agent (but you will need to wait 2 years for your coverage to begin…even if you’re healthy). Answering a few health questions will often get you immediate coverage and MUCH better rates.
Avoid these people at all costs!
For the rest of the life insurance agents, who are fine respectable people, they are most often generalists.
They deal with all kinds of life insurance policies.
They are Jack of all trades and Masters of none.
They are nice people, but they are not the logical choice if you want the best pricing and a burial insurance policy with no waiting period.
We work with 20+ final expense companies, so we can get you qualified for the best price plan with the intent of getting folks like you immediate coverage when possible.
We have to admit that, for the average burial insurance final expense insurance shopper, all the companies and options will often leave you more confused than a woodpecker in a concrete forest.
HOW CAN FUNERAL FUNDS HELP ME?
The reality is that inexperienced and less knowledgeable insurance agents will cost you loads of money by selling you overpriced burial and final expense policies.
Getting on affordable burial or final expense policy doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg.
Our job at Funeral Funds is to be the most knowledgeable burial insurance experts available. By doing so, we can knock it out of the park and get you the most accurate quote and affordable rates.
Once we know more about your age and health history, we can accurately give you burial insurance quotes from the final expense companies that are the best fit for you.
It is always in your best interest to work with an independent brokerage, such as Funeral Funds.
With access to all the best final expense insurance companies, we will help you understand your best options, given your current age, health, and financial situation.