Wouldn’t it be nice to have a burial insurance calculator to help you determine your funeral insurance rates and know how much burial insurance you will need in the future? After all, funerals can be expensive!
It can cost you an arm and a leg if you don’t have a burial insurance policy to cover it. Is there even such a thing as a burial or final expense calculator?
The average cost of funeral services is increasing in price every year. Did you know you can pay for the type of service you want by purchasing burial insurance in advance?
By having final expense insurance coverage, you can make sure that at the time of your death your family members will have enough money to pay for your final expenses.
Burial insurance can give peace of mind knowing your final expenses will not be a burden to your family when you die.
Understanding how much is needed to provide you the kind of funeral you deserve is an important factor in choosing the amount of burial insurance you need.
In this article, we will provide more information on how to calculate insurance coverage you need and how to find the best plan at the best price.
A GUIDE ON HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR FINAL EXPENSES
The amount of burial insurance you need will depend upon your final wishes.
Use these guide questions to help you determine how much burial insurance you need:
- Do you want to be embalmed?
- Do you want to be cremated or buried?
- What kind of casket do you want?
- Would you have a viewing? How many days?
- What type of headstone do you want?
- How far is the funeral home to your house?
- How many death certificates will your family need to close your estate?
- What type of funeral home facilities will your family need to use?
- What kind of service will you use for transportation?
- How much allowance will you allot for other final expenses?
It is wise to add up all of these funeral costs to determine how much burial insurance you need. If you need help with this, just give us a call and we can help you out.
WHAT IS BURIAL INSURANCE?
Burial insurance is also known as funeral insurance, cremation insurance, or final expense insurance. It is intended to cover the cost of a funeral and other final expenses.
Purchasing a burial insurance policy in advance will assure that your loved ones are not left with a mountain of debt after you die.
Most families don’t have the funds to pay off the debt incurred from the funeral. In fact, a study shows that approximately 62% of Americans only have less than $1,000 in their savings account. If they only have less than $1,000 in savings, how can their family afford to pay for a funeral that could cost more than $10,000?
That’s the reason why buying burial insurance is important. Final expense life insurance can protect your family from the financial burden that could be incurred when you die.
Burial insurance can be an excellent alternative for people who won’t qualify for traditional life insurance because of a medical condition (or multiple health conditions).
Many health issues can disqualify you from traditional life insurance and can cause your monthly premiums to be unaffordable. The older you are when you apply for traditional life insurance, the higher your cost will be. This is why burial insurance is an affordable alternative for so many families.
You can easily qualify for burial insurance easily because it has “relaxed” underwriting.
Most people qualify because there is no medical exam and you only need to answer a few questions about your health (some even ask no health questions).
We can help you submit your application over the internet and you can get approved with no need to wait weeks or months to know if you are approved for coverage.
Burial insurance can range in coverage anywhere from $2,000 up to $50,000, depending on the type of coverage you need.
Final expense insurance is whole life insurance that works this way:
- Fixed monthly payments for life (pricing never increases)
- The death benefit amount is guaranteed never to decrease
- The policy will never expire (will last until you are 121 years old)
- Accumulates cash value
BEST FEATURES OF BURIAL INSURANCE
- Instant approval – There is fast approval for burial insurance. Most insurance companies offer instant approval over the phone.
- Lenient underwriting – If you have any pre-existing health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or asthma you will still qualify for burial insurance. There are even no health questions asked if you choose to go for guaranteed issue life insurance.
- No medical exam – That’s right…no medical exam is ever needed! This means you only have to answer a few easy health questions to qualify for the best rates.
- No health questions – Some burial insurance policies do not even ask health questions. Guaranteed acceptance burial insurance policies are ideal for people with severe health conditions or for people with criminal or felony histories.
- The coverage is permanent – Burial policies are whole life policies that have locked in rates and coverage forever. You are covered for your whole life, and the premiums will also never increase in the future (beware of some policies advertised on TV that expire after you pass 80 years of age).
- It has a cash value component – Burial insurance for seniors are whole life insurance policies that accumulate cash value that grows over time. The cash value can be used to pay for your premiums and it acts as a safety net to ensure your policy will never lapse from nonpayment.
- Fast payout – There is a quicker claims payout with burial insurance. Your claim will be paid within a week once the proper paperwork is received.
- Small value options – Burial policies for seniors are offered in small face value. You can buy as little as $2,000, so you can buy as much or as little as you need.
- Portability – Your loved ones will receive a payout upon your death no matter where you live in the future. Your beneficiary will receive 100% of the face amount of the policy tax-free, and they can use it for final expenses, medical bills or other debts.
- There are many companies offering burial policies for seniors – More and more insurance companies are offering burial insurance because more than 10,000 people are turning 65 each day. All of those insurance companies are competing for your business which drives the prices of premium down.
WHEN DO YOU NEED TO BUY BURIAL INSURANCE?
Your burial insurance purchase depends on your financial situation.
Burial insurance is a wise decision if:
- You have no life insurance coverage
- Your savings don’t have enough to cover the cost of a funeral
- You have any outstanding debt
- Your family and friends do not have the financial capacity to cover the cost of our funeral and burial expense
- You don’t want your loved ones to be burdened when you pass away.
- You want a separate insurance policy to cover your final expenses.
Burial insurance is ideal for people who have no life insurance coverage. If you cannot afford traditional life insurance due to the monthly premiums, then burial insurance’s lower premium is right for you.
Additionally, if you’ve been declined for life insurance coverage, burial insurance will be your best option.
WHAT DOES BURIAL INSURANCE COVER?
If you purchase burial insurance, you should expect your beneficiaries to use the insurance payout to pay the following costs:
- Funeral service fees
- Funeral staff fees
- Funeral facilities
- Digging and filling of the grave
- Funeral hearse
- Burial plot
Coverage for burial insurance typically ranges from $5,000 to $25,000. A burial insurance premium is more affordable than traditional life insurance since the coverage amounts are generally much lower.
However, the cost depends on the applicant’s age when they purchase the policy. The older you are, the higher your premiums.
BURIAL INSURANCE CALCULATOR
How much burial insurance do you need?
Once you have decided to buy burial insurance, you’ll want to figure out how much coverage you will need.
Your first step is to figure out how much you will need to cover your final expenses. The overall funeral cost is the first thing and often the largest single cost that you need to consider. The type of funeral service should also be a part of your planning.
These include funeral service, memorial service, and gravesite. Other details that must be added in the cost include the type of casket, flowers, and music.
You will need to do some research to determine the funeral cost in your area. The National Funeral Directors Association has a handy funeral cost checklist to help you calculate all the funeral costs involved.
There are other ends-of-life expenses you need to consider such as remaining medical bills, living expenses, legal costs, credit card bills, and other past due accounts. It’s important to take time to calculate how much coverage you’ll need.
Inflation also comes into play, and it’s wise to plan on at least $10,000 to $15,000 for funeral expenses.
Once you know how much money you will need to cover all your final expenses, you can now begin to figure out the budget needed for your burial insurance. You can also try to request online quotes from us to get a better idea of the actual premiums.
BURIAL INSURANCE COSTS
The average burial insurance cost is typically less than $50 per month, and the most common coverage amount is $10,000.
You can pay your premium weekly, monthly, semi-annually or even annually.
Your specific monthly premium might be higher or lower depending on different factors such as:
- Face Amount
- Tobacco usage
- Health condition
- Pre-existing condition
Every burial insurance company has a set price for each specific age.
Some will have a price for age 50, then age 51, then age 52 and so on. At the same time, some companies have set pricing according to age band. They have one price for ages 50-55, or 70-75 and so on (5-year age band policies should be avoided).
If you buy burial insurance when you are 50, you’ll pay less premium than if you wait to purchase until you’re 80. The older you are, the higher the premium because the insurance companies take more risks insuring older folks who are statistically closer to death.
When you purchase your policy, your policy will lock in at the age when you bought your policy, and it will remain that for life.
Being male or female is one important factor that determines the cost of your coverage. Men generally pay more than women. If you’re wondering why men need to pay more than women, the reason is simple.
Women on the average live much longer than men do. Therefore, women will pay longer than men and why they pay less on life insurance.
The amount of coverage you need will also help determine your burial insurance cost or the amount you need to pay. For example, your cost per $1,000 comes out to be $5.53 per month. If you want $10,000, in this example your total monthly premium may be around $50.00 per month.
The more coverage you need, the higher the price will be.
Each life insurance company has a set price for tobacco and non-tobacco users. They have different rates for each, and they charge a higher amount to applicants who use tobacco.
Cigarette smoking is considered a major health risk that could significantly reduce life expectancy. This is the reason why smokers pay more for life insurance.
It is important to understand that some insurance providers give a non-tobacco rating if you chew, smoke a pipe, smoke cigars, or smoke e-cigarettes. Cigarette smoking has a tobacco rating.
Guaranteed issue life insurance policies don’t even ask if you are a smoker or non-smoker.
YOUR HEALTH OR ANY PRE-EXISTING CONDITION
Your overall health also factors the cost of burial insurance. Your current and past health is used to determine your risk classification and rates.
Having a pre-existing medical condition can cost you more because medical conditions can significantly affect your life expectancy. Some pre-existing condition can be so high-risk that purchasing a guaranteed issue life insurance policy is your best option.
The best part about buying burial insurance in your 50’s or younger is that you lock in a lower premium for the rest of your life. Being younger means, you are less likely to have any serious illness that could prevent you from qualifying for immediate coverage with no waiting period.
Serious illnesses usually occur as we grow older. It is wise to purchase burial insurance protection now to cover your final expenses. If you want a quote for this coverage, click on the instant quote tool on this page.
TYPES OF BURIAL INSURANCE
SIMPLIFIED ISSUE WHOLE LIFE INSURANCE
Simplified issue whole life insurance has immediate coverage that is effective on the first day.
Since burial insurance face amount is lower than traditional life insurance, the medical questions are easy.
Potential questions life insurance companies would ask in simplified issue life insurance application:
- Do you have heart disease?
- Have you ever had a stroke?
- Do you have kidney disease?
- Do you have a diagnosis of terminal illness like cancer in the last two years?
- Do you have HIV or AIDS?
- Do you have any cognitive impairment like dementia or Alzheimer’s disease?
- Do you have a disability that needs a wheelchair or confinement to a nursing home?
Minor health problems like high cholesterol or high blood pressure are considered normal. The main point of these health questions is to rule out potentially high-risk applicants, such as those with a terminal illness.
Simplified issue whole life insurance is the best option for people over 50 years old, who may have health issues that could prevent them from getting coverage through the traditional underwriting process.
This is an excellent option if you’re not in perfect health or you are too busy to take a medical exam, or you simply don’t want to be poked with a needle.
GUARANTEED ISSUE BURIAL INSURANCE
GI policy provides coverage regardless of your health, age, or any other risk factors. This is designed for people who cannot qualify for traditional life insurance due to high-risk factors; if you are between the age of 50-85 and you are able to enter into a legal contract, you can qualify.
Guaranteed issue burial insurance will provide your family with up to $25,000 of coverage without a medical exam or health questions. Your approval is guaranteed!
Here are some examples of the most common medical conditions where a guaranteed issue burial life expense policy is your only option:
- Alzheimer’s or dementia
- Organ transplants
- Oxygen use
- Terminal illness
- AIDS or HIV
- Wheelchair-bound because of chronic illness or disease
- Mobility issue, needing help with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, continence, transferring
Guaranteed issue policies will accept applicants with these medical conditions. Since the insurance companies assume higher risk, the cost of GI policies is generally higher than other types of policies.
Guaranteed issue policies have graded benefits for the first two years.
They have a waiting period that applies for all natural cause of death. If you die during the two-year waiting period, your beneficiary will receive all the premiums you paid plus 7-10% interest.
If you die from an accident the life insurance company will pay 100% of the death benefit. After the waiting period, you are covered for life.
CALCULATING BURIAL AND FUNERAL EXPENSES
Use the information in this article to help you if you have ever asked yourself “how much burial insurance do I need?” Also, be sure to take a look at our funeral expenses that people overlook article.
If you want to know how much you will pay based on your needs, just fill out the instant quote form on this page to get an estimate of your rates and pricing.
HOW CAN FUNERAL FUNDS HELP ME?
Trying to find a policy without burial insurance calculator needn’t be a frustrating process; working with an independent agency like Funeral Funds will make the process easier and quicker.
If you have a health history in need of burial insurance calculator, let us help you; we will work with you side by side to find a plan that fits your needs.
We will work with you every step of the way to find the plan that fits your financial requirements and budget. You don’t have to waste your precious time anymore searching for multiple insurance companies because we will do the dirty work for you.
We will shop your case to different insurance carriers and get you the best price.
We work with many A+ rated insurance carriers that specialized in covering high-risk clients like you. We will search for all those companies to get the best rate. We will match you up with the best burial insurance company that gives the best rate.
We will assist you in securing the coverage you need at a rate you can afford. So, if you are looking for funeral insurance calculator, or burial insurance calculator, or life insurance calculator, we can help.
Fill out our quote form on this page or call us at (888) 862-9456 and we can give you an accurate quote.