Are you looking for a Transamerica burial insurance review on the web? Our Transamerica burial insurance review will provide you with everything you need to know about their final expense insurance product offerings, their features, and underwriting.
Transamerica three final expense products. Their underwriting is trickier, but you can often qualify for first-day coverage even if you have some health issues. Their plans are available from newborn through age 85.
This article will look at the pros and cons of Transamerica burial insurance products to help you decide if it’s best for you.
|TRANSAMERICA FUNERAL FUNDS 5-STAR RATING|
|1st Day Coverage||★★★★★|
|Ease of Approval||★★★|
FOR EASIER NAVIGATION:
- Does Transamerica Offer First-day Coverage?
- Pros of Transamerica Burial Insurance
- Cons of Transamerica Burial Insurance
- Transamerica Burial Insurance Products
- Transamerica Burial Insurance Riders
- When Does Transamerica Burial Insurance Makes the Most Sense?
- Transamerica Underwriting Guidelines
- Transamerica Pricing Examples
- Getting Approved for Transamerica Burial Insurance
- The Best Payment Option
- Transamerica Company Overview
- How Can Funeral Funds Help Me?
DOES TRANSAMERICA OFFER FIRST-DAY COVERAGE?
Yes. Transamerica offers first-day coverage burial insurance products.
If you qualify, their Immediate Solution and 10-Pay Solution comes with 1st-day coverage. You will be 100% covered from the first day and your beneficiary will receive your full death benefit when you pass away.
PROS OF TRANSAMERICA BURIAL INSURANCE
No height & weight chart – No height and weight chart, you can qualify even if you are on the heavier side
Coverage amount – Higher coverage amount available
Pricing – Competitive premium rates for the Immediate Solution preferred plan
CONS OF TRANSAMERICA BURIAL INSURANCE
Higher rates – Higher premium rate on Immediate Solution standard plan
Underwriting – The company may ask for the attending physician’s statement if they want to clarify something about your health
Waiting period – Higher premium rate on Easy Solution plan with a waiting period
TRANSAMERICA BURIAL INSURANCE PRODUCTS
Transamerica offers two primary burial insurance products, namely:
- Immediate solution
- Easy solution
These plans from Transamerica don’t require a medical exam, and you only need to answer some questions about your health. The type of plan you will be eligible for will depend on your general health. These burial insurance products are available in all U.S. states. However, some riders are not available in some selected areas.
IMMEDIATE SOLUTION PRODUCT OVERVIEW
|TRANSAMERICA IMMEDIATE SOLUTION FEATURES|
|Issue Age||0-85 years old|
|Payout Schedule||1st day full coverage|
|Coverage Amount||$5,000 to $25,000|
|Age & Coverage||0-55 - $50,000|
|Age & Coverage||56-65 - $40,000|
|Age & Coverage||66-75 - $30,000|
|Age & Coverage||76-85 - $25,000|
|Level Premium||Price Never Increases|
|Level Benefit||Coverage Never Decreases|
|Lifetime Coverage||Last Until Age 121|
EASY SOLUTION (GRADED PLAN)
This burial insurance comes with a graded death benefit. It is the only plan that does not begin on the first day, and it has a two-year waiting period.
|EASY SOLUTION (GRADED PLAN) FEATURES|
|Issue Ages||18-80 age last birthday (PA Male 18-70 Female 18-76)|
|Minimum Issue Amount||$1,000 (in PA - $5,000)|
|Maximum Issue Amount||$25,000|
|Level premiums||premium never increase|
|Policy loans||premium never increase|
|Payout Schedule||graded in the first two years|
If you die within the first two years, 110% of the premiums you paid minus any loan balance will be given to your beneficiary. In some states, they pay 30% of the death benefit in year one and 60% of the death benefit in year two. In year three, 100% of the death benefit will be given to your beneficiary.
TRANSAMERICA BURIAL INSURANCE RIDERS
IMMEDIATE SOLUTION RIDERS
Additional Riders at no extra cost
1. Accelerated death benefit rider – this benefit will be available when you were diagnosed with a qualifying event like a terminal illness.
2. Accelerated Death benefit rider with Nursing home rider – You won’t qualify for the nursing home benefit if you already need assistance with any of the activities of daily living including eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, continence, and transferring.
(Riders not available in New York)
Children’s and Grandchildren’s Benefit rider is available at an additional cost of $2.00 per year for each $1,000 coverage amount. The parent or grandparent must be between the ages of 18 and 75, and the child must be at least 15 days old and under the age of 18. Coverage is available for up to 9 children, from $1,000 to $5,000.
With this burial insurance plan, you only need to pay a premium for a total of 10 years, and your coverage is guaranteed to age 121. After the first ten years of paying, you stop paying for the succeeding years.
WHEN DOES TRANSAMERICA BURIAL INSURANCE MAKES THE MOST SENSE?
Based on our Transamerica burial insurance review, we found that Transamerica is an excellent option if your health will qualify you for their Immediate Solution preferred plan. Their rate is comparable with other insurance companies offering first-day coverage.
Their Immediate Solution standard plan accepts many health conditions but is more expensive. Their premium rate for this plan is more expensive than most.
Stay away from their Easy Solution because it comes with a waiting period. If you have some pre-existing medical condition that only qualifies you for this plan; we can get you approved with another company at a lower rate.
TRANSAMERICA BURIAL INSURANCE UNDERWRITING GUIDELINES
To determine what burial insurance plan to offer you, Transamerica will check the following:
- Your answer to the health questions on the application
- Your prescription history
- Medical Information Bureau file
Transamerica does not conduct personal health interviews. They only do this if you left something on the application, and they need to verify your health.
Here are some areas in that Transamerica may be more lenient or strict with underwriting:
1. COPD or emphysema without oxygen use will qualify for an Immediate Solution standard rate. Mild COPD is eligible for the preferred rate.
2. They don’t care for mental health problems for 45-85 years old. Bipolar disorder and depression using one medication without hospitalization and no loss of school or work may qualify for an Immediate Solution preferred rate.
Bipolar patients using two medications with two episodes or two-week loss of school or work will be offered a standard rate. Bipolar or depression patients on disability will qualify for Easy Solution.
3. People with diabetes on insulin can be eligible for the Immediate Solution standard rate. Diabetics with complications like retinopathy, neuropathy, diabetic coma, or insulin shock will qualify for standard rate immediate coverage.
4. Mild to moderate cases of Parkinson’s disease more than two years ago after the age of 30 would be eligible for Immediate Solution at a standard rate.
5. Atrial fibrillation of more than two years could get Immediate Solution standard. It if occurred more than five years ago preferred rate.
6. Mild autism for ages 6 and older will qualify for the preferred rate.
7. Applicants with heart attack, TIA, angina, angioplasty, stent, bypass pacemaker implant, kidney disease treatment, or diagnosis within 12 months or longer will qualify for the standard rate.
8. Marijuana used that use it less than three times a week can be eligible for an Immediate Solution preferred rate.
9. Alcohol or drug abuse in recovery for 2-5 years qualifies for Easy Solution, while those in recovery for 5-8 years will be eligible for Immediate Solution standard rate.
10. Transamerica takes Direct Express card payments.
The answer to the health questions is the biggest factor in determining your eligibility for coverage. Here are the three sets of questions Transamerica uses to know about your health condition.
If you respond YES to any question in this Section, you do not qualify for coverage.
1) Is the proposed Insured hospitalized, bedridden, residing in a nursing home or long-term care facility, receiving hospice or home health care, confined to a wheelchair, been advised or planning to have inpatient surgery, or currently waiting for an organ transplant?
2) Has the proposed insured ever:
- Been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, senile dementia, organic brain disease, mental incapacity, Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS), Downs Syndrome, Huntington’s disease, sickle cell anemia, Spina Bifida not surgically corrected, cystic fibrosis, cerebral palsy or any terminal medical condition?
- Tested positive for the antibodies to the AIDS (HIV) virus or been medically diagnosed with or received treatment for HIV, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), or AIDS Related Complex (ARC)?
- Been in a diabetic coma or had or been advised to have an amputation due to disease or disorder?
3) Within the past two years has the proposed Insured:
- Been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for cancer (other than basal cell carcinoma)?
- Undergone testing by a medical professional for which the results have not been received?
If all your answer is NO in the knockout section, proceed to the standard section.
4) Has the proposed Insured been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for diabetes (other than gestational diabetes) before the age of 18?
5) Within the past four years has the proposed Insured been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for cancer (other than basal cell carcinoma)?
6) Within the past one year has the proposed Insured:
- Used illegal drugs or been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for alcohol abuse, drug abuse, or muscular dystrophy?
- Had more than 12 seizures or been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for congestive heart failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis B or C, or other liver diseases?
- Been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for heart attack, stroke (CVA), transient ischemic attack (TIA), aneurysm, angina, or had or been advised to have heart surgery of any kind including bypass surgery or pacemaker implant?
- Used oxygen to assist in breathing due to a disease or disorder, received kidney dialysis, or been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for kidney failure due to a disease or disorder?
If One Question in the standard section is answered “Yes,” Transamerica will offer you their Easy Solution graded death benefit plan.
If two or more Questions in this section are answered “Yes,” you are not eligible for any coverage.
7) Within the past two years has the proposed Insured:
- Had or been treated for a heart attack, angina (chest pain), stroke (CVA), transient ischemic attack (TIA), aneurysm, circulatory or blood disorder, heart surgery including bypass or irregular heart rhythm such as atrial fibrillation?
- Had more than 12 seizures, taken insulin shots, or been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for congestive heart failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis B or C, or other liver diseases?
- Used illegal drugs or been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for alcohol abuse or drug abuse?
8) Within the past four years has the proposed Insured been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for kidney disease?
9) Has the proposed Insured ever been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) including emphysema, chronic asthma, black lung, or other chronic respiratory diseases?
10) Is the proposed Insured currently under the age of 50 and if so, has the proposed Insured within the past five years been diagnosed with, been treated for, or advised to receive treatment for any mental disorder such as manic or clinical depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disease or post-traumatic stress syndrome?
If you say yes to only one question in this section, Transamerica will offer you their Immediate Solution Standard plan.
If you answered yes to two or more of these health questions, Transamerica will offer you their Easy Solution with a graded death benefit.
TRANSAMERICA PRICING EXAMPLE
|FEMALE AGE||$5,000 ||$10,000 ||$15,000 ||$20,000 ||$25,000
|50||$13.92 ||$24.23 ||$34.55 ||$44.86 ||$55.17
|55||$15.60 ||$27.60 ||$39.59 ||$51.58 ||$63.58
|60||$18.16 ||$32.71 ||$47.25 ||$61.80 ||$76.35
|65||$22.19 ||$40.77 ||$59.35 ||$77.93 ||$96.51
|70||$28.25 ||$52.88 ||$77.52 ||$102.15 ||$126.79
|75||$37.28 ||$70.94 ||$104.61 ||$138.27 ||$171.94
|80||$52.44 ||$101.26 ||$150.09 ||$198.92 ||$247.74
|MALE AGE||$5,000 ||$10,000 ||$15,000 ||$20,000 ||$25,000
|50||$17.08 ||$30.55 ||$44.01 ||$57.48 ||$70.95
|55||$19.69 ||$35.76 ||$51.83 ||$67.91 ||$83.98
|60||$23.55 ||$43.49 ||$63.43 ||$83.37 ||$103.31
|65||$28.79 ||$53.97 ||$79.15 ||$104.34 ||$129.52
|70||$36.70 ||$69.78 ||$102.86 ||$134.95 ||$169.03
|75||$50.46 ||$97.30 ||$144.14 ||$190.99 ||$237.83
|80||$69.98 ||$136.34 ||$202.71 ||$269.08 ||$335.44
*Pricing for illustration purposes only and are subject to change without notice.
GETTING APPROVED FOR TRANSAMERICA BURIAL INSURANCE
Applying for burial insurance with Transamerica is straightforward. It can be done through the phone or via your computer with a licensed agent.
- Your independent agent will pre-qualify you over the phone and will assist you in filling out your e-application. Your agent will ask you basic information such date of birth and social security number.
- Your agent will ask your beneficiary information
- You will be required to submit your payment information
- You will need to provide a voice signature or email signature
- They will verify your payment options
- After you make your first premium payment, your policy is active
- You will receive your policy in the mail within 5-10 business days on average after you pay your first premium.
The entire application process can be completed electronically in several minutes. To make your application quicker, have your important information readily available such as social security number, beneficiary, and payment information.
THE BEST PAYMENT OPTION
|Savings Account||Best way to pay|
|Checking Account||Best way to pay|
|Money Order||Not recommended|
|Cashier's Check||Not recommended|
|Debit Card||Not recommended|
|Credit Card||Not recommended|
|Direct Express||Not recommended|
|PAYMENT FREQUENCY||RECOMMENDED||ACCEPTED BY|
|Quarterly||Not Recommended||Some Companies|
|Semi-annually||Not Recommended||Some Companies|
|Annually||Not Recommended||Some Companies|
TRANSAMERICA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Transamerica was founded in 1905 in San Francisco by an Italian American entrepreneur, Amadeo Giannini. Transamerica was created as a holding company after the merger of Bank of Italy with Bank of America in 1928.
In 1930, the company purchased Occidental Life Insurance, and it started offering life insurance. Life insurance became their flagship product and remained the biggest part of the company’s operation. Their life insurance products include term life, whole life, final expense, and other supplemental products like long-term care and accidental death insurance.
In 1956, the company became Transamerica Corporation. It became a part of one of the world’s leading financial institutions Aegon in 1999. The company recently acquired two other life insurance companies, Monumental Life and Stonebridge Life. These companies are now offering Transamerica Premier Life Insurance burial insurance products.
Today, Transamerica is involved in banking, airlines, movies, and the car rental business.
When evaluating a life insurance company, it’s important to look at its financial strength. You will be more confident in the knowledge that your beneficiary can get its claim when you’re gone.
Transamerica has the highest A.M. Best rating of A+ today. Many other financial rating agencies have awarded Transamerica very high ratings. Some of the other rating agencies have given Transamerica high marks including:
- A A.M. Best
- A+ Fitch
- A1 Moody’s
- A+ Standard & Poor’s
HOW CAN FUNERAL FUNDS HELP ME?
Trying to find a policy if you want Transamerica burial insurance needn’t be a frustrating process; working with an independent agency like Funeral Funds will make the process easier and quicker.
We will work with you every step of the way to find the plan that fits your financial requirements and budget. You don’t have to waste your precious time anymore searching for multiple insurance companies because we will do the dirty work for you.
We work with many A+ rated insurance carriers that specialized in covering high-risk clients like you. We will search all those companies and match you up with the best burial insurance company that gives the best rate.
We will assist you in securing the coverage you need at a rate you can afford. So, if you are looking for Transamerica funeral insurance, or Transamerica burial insurance, or Transamerica life insurance.
Fill out our quote form on this page or call us at (888) 862-9456 and we can give you an accurate quote.