Trying to secure burial insurance if you need help with continence isn’t as difficult as you might think. You will be surprised that many final expense insurance companies are very accepting of this condition.
If you have extreme difficulty finding funeral insurance in the past because you need help with continence or other activities of daily living (ADL) such as eating, bathing, dressing, toileting and transferring, keep reading.
The good news is, finding affordable life insurance when you need help with continence and other ADL’s is possible.
If you currently need help with continence and need to get a life insurance plan to cover your final expenses, we have companies that will accept you.
In this article, we are going to discuss burial insurance if you need help with continence to know the way how to get the best burial insurance plan.
CAN YOU QUALIFY FOR LIFE INSURANCE IF YOU NEED HELP WITH CONTINENCE AND OTHER ADLs?
Absolutely! You can qualify for life insurance if you need help with continence and activities of daily living.
Affordable burial insurance is now readily available even if you need help with continence as many top-rated life insurance companies extend coverage to people who have trouble with continence.
There are life insurance policies that offer guaranteed approval and do not require you to answer any medical questions. For seniors who have trouble with continence who have been declined coverage in the past, this coverage may be ideal for you.
The application process for this burial insurance is very easy, and you will not have to take a medical exam. You don’t need to provide your doctor‘s records either! You will only have to provide your personal and beneficiary information. In most cases, the insurance company will approve you within 15 minutes with the help of a licensed agent.
WHAT ARE THE ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING (ADL)?
Activities of daily living are self-care activities that we must do every day to lead a normal, independent life. ADL’s are important to know because they are used by the life insurance companies to gauge an individual’s level of functioning and ability to take care of themselves.
There are six ADL used by life insurance companies to assess the applicants’ function and independence:
CONTINENCE – the ability to maintain control of bladder and bowel function and perform personal hygiene tasks.
- More than two changes of incontinent pads per day for urinary incontinence
- Frequent changes of incontinent pads and underwear for fecal incontinence
- Managing a condom catheter, ostomy or urinary catheter collection bag, including emptying and rinsing the collection bag.
If you cannot retain control of your bladder or bowel function and you need assistance from another person to do the associated personal hygiene tasks, you are dependent on help for continence.
TOILETING – the ability to locate the bathroom and do toileting activities
- Getting on and off the toilet safely
- Taking off and putting undergarments. And performing associated personal hygiene task
- Using and emptying a bedpan or urinal after use
- Changing menstrual products or incontinence products
Needing assistance from another person in completing any of these toileting activities means you are dependent on help for toileting.
DRESSING – the ability to put on and take off any item of clothing without struggling with buttons or zippers
- Obtaining clothes from drawers and closets
- Putting on and taking off fasteners, splints, braces, and artificial limbs.
- Choosing appropriate clothing depending on the weather
- Getting shoes and socks on and taking them off
Needing assistance from another person to complete these dressing activities means you are dependent on help for dressing.
EATING – The process of getting food into the body from a food container into the mouth, chewing and swallowing using adaptive utensils such as a spoon or fork.
- Eating includes drinking from a cup or glass
- Cleaning the face and hands after meals
- When unable to feed yourself from a container, it means feeding yourself through a feeding tube or intravenously.
If you need assistance from another person to eat, you are dependent on help with eating.
BATHING – the ability to clean the whole body using a sponge, shower or tub
- Getting in and out of the shower, shower chair or tub safely
- Turning on and off the faucet
- Adjusting shower heads and changing water temperature as desired
- Reaching different body parts to soap, rinse and dry.
- Washing the hair in a tub, sink or shower
- Bathing also includes performing other grooming activities such as shaving, brushing teeth and hair, cleaning dentures, clipping nails, and make-up application
If you need assistance from another person to complete any of these bathing activities, you are dependent on help with bathing.
TRANSFERRING – the ability to get in or out of bed, chair or wheelchair without assistance
- Sitting, rising and moving from couch, chair or bed
- Getting in and out of a vehicle
- Standing and repositioning yourself to promote blood circulation and prevent skin sore.
If you need assistance from another person with any of these transferring activities, you are dependent on help with transferring.
BURIAL INSURANCE IF YOU NEED HELP WITH CONTINENCE
Continence is one of the activities of daily living that you must perform on your own to qualify for most life insurance products. Insurance companies require that each applicant must be able to do this as a crucial part of functional independence.
The life insurance companies define continence as the ability to maintain bladder and bowel control and perform personal hygiene tasks. It includes managing and caring for a catheter, ostomy or urinary catheter collection bag and applying diapers or disposable barrier pads.
If you cannot control your bladder or bowel function and you need help from another person to do the associated personal hygiene task, you are dependent on help for continence.
People with cognitive impairment can experience difficulties with continence. This condition can directly affect the bladder and bowel function and make the individual less aware of the need to go to the toilet.
Incontinence is the involuntary leakage of urine or feces or both. Older people have a higher risk of incontinence.
In some cases, some medical conditions may cause incontinence in older people including:
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Prostate Gland Trouble
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Side effects of medications
For some people, incontinence develops because messages between the brain and the bowel or bladder don’t work properly. They don’t recognize that they have a full bladder or bowel, and have no control that they need to empty their bladder or bowel.
Because of old age, physical or mental illness, some people find themselves in need of help with continence. People who need help with continence may need long-term care at a nursing home, or at an assisted living facility.
Every life insurance company will ask if you need help with continence and activities of daily living. If you answer “yes” to the ADL question, you will automatically be declined for life insurance except for guaranteed issue burial insurance which does not ask any health questions and will take you in regardless of your current situation.
HOW DOES NEEDING HELP WITH CONTINENCE AFFECT LIFE INSURANCE?
Needing help from another person with continence will significantly affect your ability to qualify for the best-priced insurance coverage as continence is an important self-care activity that you must do on your own.
Inability to control the bladder and bowel is associated with several medical problems such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Heart attack
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Parkinson’s disease
Any of these medical conditions can cause you to have incontinence and mobility limitations. In some cases, the inability to go to the toilet and do the necessary personal hygiene tasks may be due to forgetting the process because of cognitive impairment.
These medical conditions may cause an applicant to have incontinence and lose control of their bladder or bowel are the primary concern of the life insurance companies because they may cause premature death. Anything that causes premature death is considered high risk by the insurance companies.
Therefore, they will need to pay more premiums and endure a waiting period. No life insurance company will offer you immediate coverage if you need help in performing ADL.
INFORMATION WE NEED IF YOU NEED HELP WITH CONTINENCE
When applying for burial insurance if you need help with continence and personal hygiene tasks, we will need some information about your current health and functionality.
- Do you need help with continence and personal hygiene activities?
- Do you need help with other activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, toileting, transferring or dressing?
- Have you ever been confined to a wheelchair?
- Are you currently bedridden or need home health care?
- Are you in an assisted living or nursing facility?
- What medical conditions do you have?
- Are you taking medications?
- What medications do you take?
Your information will enable us to determine what insurance company will provide you with the lowest rate.
INSURANCE OPTIONS IF YOU NEED HELP WITH CONTINENCE OR ADL
While it may be difficult to be approved for traditional life insurance when you need help with continence and any of the activities of daily living, you can still qualify for guaranteed issue burial insurance.
Guaranteed Issue (GI) policies don’t require you to pass a medical exam or any underwriting questions because your health is not taken into account to qualify.
You could even have a terminal illness, yet the company will approve your application!
These policies have a death limitation for a natural cause of death during the first two years of the policy. The company will also pay a full death benefit if you die from an accident during the two-year waiting period.
If you die from illness, the insurance company will return all the premiums you paid to your beneficiaries plus 10% interest. After the two-year waiting period, you are fully protected for life. At this point, the insurance company will pay the full death benefit to your beneficiaries if you die for any reason.
WHY DO YOU NEED GUARANTEED ISSUE BURIAL INSURANCE IF YOU NEED HELP WITH CONTINENCE?
We recommend buying guaranteed issue burial insurance if you need help with continence and other ADLs because it’s the best life insurance plan you will qualify for. If you are relatively healthy and only need help with continence, you can have an average life expectancy and easily outlive the two-year waiting period.
It is wise to invest in a guaranteed issue life insurance now because your health may decline at any moment. Buying a guaranteed issue burial insurance if you need help with dressing is worth it, you won’t lose money with this policy, and it cost much less in the long run than having no insurance coverage at all.
BENEFITS OF GUARANTEED ISSUE BURIAL INSURANCE
- Easy application process. You skip the medical exam and health questions. You will only be asked about your basic information, and you’re approved.
- Level premium. Your monthly premium is fixed for life. It is guaranteed to never increase regardless of your advancing age or worsening health condition.
- Whole life protection. Guaranteed issue is permanent insurance that provides lifelong protection.
- The death benefit will never decrease. Your beneficiaries will receive 100% of the face amount on your policy when you pass away.
- Tax-free. Your death benefit will be paid to your beneficiaries free of tax. They will not owe any income tax on the death benefit.
- Your policy will never expire after you reach 80 years old. Guaranteed acceptance is whole life insurance that will last your lifetime. The policy will never end as long as you keep paying the premiums.
- Not cancellable. Your policy can never be canceled by the life insurance company as long as premium payments are made on time.
- Cash value accumulation. Guaranteed acceptance life insurance accumulates cash value over the years.
REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY FOR GUARANTEED ISSUE BURIAL INSURANCE
If you are 50 to 85 years old and a U.S citizen you will easily qualify for guaranteed issue burial insurance.
Not every insurance company have their insurance products licensed in every state. Make sure the company has guaranteed issue whole life insurance policy available in your state before applying.
ABILITY TO ENTER A LEGAL CONTRACT
You must also possess the mental capacity to enter into a legal contract to qualify for burial insurance.
THE BEST GUARANTEED ISSUE LIFE INSURANCE POLICY
The best-guaranteed issue whole life insurance policy will not have you wait more than two years to take effect. Some companies offer a three or even four-year waiting periods. It’s totally insane and you should avoid these companies at all cost!
Two years is the shortest period possible before you are fully covered.
If you need help with continence, then GI policy is your best choice. Your application will be quick and easy because there are no medical exam or health questions.
Guaranteed issue life insurance has a two-year waiting period only if you die on the first two years because of natural death, and your beneficiaries will get your premiums back plus 10% interest.
COMMONLY ADVERTISED GUARANTEED ISSUE BURIAL INSURANCE IN TV AND MAGAZINES YOU SHOULD AVOID:
- INCREASING PREMIUM – Many of these life insurance companies offering guaranteed issue policies require premium increase every five years. A real guaranteed acceptance life insurance has a fixed premium for life.
- POLICY TERMINATION AFTER AGE 80 – Some guaranteed issue policies end after you turn 80 years old. Guaranteed acceptance life insurance is whole life insurance that lasts a lifetime.
- 3-YEAR WAITING PERIOD – The best-guaranteed issue life insurance has only a two-year waiting period. It is important to work with an independent life insurance agency that will prevent you from being deceived into agreeing to buy a guaranteed issue burial insurance with a 3-year or 4-year waiting period.
HOW CAN FUNERAL FUNDS HELP ME?
Trying to find a policy when you need help with continence needn’t be a frustrating process; working with an independent agency like Funeral Funds will make the process easier and quicker.
If you have a health history of needing help with continence, let us help you; we will work with you side by side to find a plan that fits your needs.
We will work with you every step of the way to find the plan that fits your financial requirements and budget. You don’t have to waste your precious time anymore searching for multiple insurance companies because we will do the dirty work for you.
We will shop your case to different insurance carriers and get you the best price.
We work with many A+ rated insurance carriers that specialized in covering high-risk clients like you. We will search for all those companies to get the best rate. We will match you up with the best burial insurance company that gives the best rate.
We will assist you in securing the coverage you need at a rate you can afford. So, if you are looking for needing help with continence funeral insurance, or need help with continence burial insurance, or need help with continence life insurance, we can help.
Fill out our quote form on this page or call us at (888) 862-9456 and we can give you an accurate quote.