A Diabetic neuropathy diagnosis will not prevent you from being approved for first-day burial insurance coverage, depending on the company you apply for coverage with.
In this article, we are going to explore how companies respond to diabetic neuropathy, what your options are, and how you can find the best insurance coverage.
FOR EASIER NAVIGATION:
- Can I Get Burial Insurance If I Have Diabetic Neuropathy?
- What Is My Best Insurance Option If I Have Diabetic Neuropathy?
- Do I Need to Take a Medical Exam to Qualify For Burial Insurance?
- How Much Does Burial Insurance Cost If I Have Neuropathy?
- Burial Insurance Underwriting If You Have Diabetic Neuropathy
- Information We Need If You Have Diabetic Neuropathy
- How To Get First-Day Coverage Insurance If You Have Neuropathy
- How Can Funeral Funds Help Me?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Get Burial Insurance If I Have Diabetic Neuropathy?
Yes, you can qualify for a first-day coverage if you apply to the right companies.
What Is My Best Insurance Option If I Have Diabetic Neuropathy?
Many life insurance companies will ask if you’ve ever had diabetic neuropathy. If you have, most will decline your application.
However, some insurance companies offer first-day burial insurance with low rates and no waiting period.
Do I Need to Take a Medical Exam to Qualify For Burial Insurance?
No. When you apply for burial insurance, you only have to answer basic questions about your health. The application process is simple; you don’t need to provide medical records or blood and urine samples.
You’ll often get the official approval from the insurance company within minutes!
How Much Does Burial Insurance Cost If I Have Neuropathy?
The cost of burial insurance if you have diabetic neuropathy will depend on your:
- Coverage amount
- State of residence
- Smoking status
- Type of policy
Burial Insurance Underwriting If You Have Diabetic Neuropathy
All burial insurance companies offering first-day coverage will ask health questions and perform a prescription history check to verify your overall health.
Types of diabetic neuropathy the insurance companies want to know about:
- Autonomic Neuropathy
- Focal Neuropathy
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Proximal Neuropathy
Here are some examples of how burial companies ask about diabetic neuropathy in their health questions:
- Have you been diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy, insulin shock, diabetic amputation, or taking insulin shots before age 50?
- Have you been diagnosed with diabetes prior to age 30, or have you ever been treated for a diabetic coma, insulin shock, or diabetic neuropathy?
- Have you had or received treatment for diabetic neuropathy, insulin shock, retinopathy, or nephropathy in the past two years?
If you have diabetic neuropathy, answer “yes” to the diabetic neuropathy question on the application.
The following medications will flag you as possibly having diabetic neuropathy:
- Valproic Acid
Information We Need If You Have Diabetic Neuropathy
We need to know your medical condition to provide the best recommendation. The more information we get, the better your chances of finding affordable insurance coverage.
Questions we will often ask include:
- Are you using oral medications?
- Have any new medications been added in the past 12 months?
- Have you ever experienced a diabetic coma?
- Have you experienced insulin shock?
- When do you start using insulin?
How To Get First-Day Coverage Insurance If You Have Neuropathy
The best way to get first-day coverage burial insurance is by working with an independent agency like Funeral Funds.
An experienced independent life insurance agency like Funeral Funds can get you the best burial insurance rates for diabetic neuropathy. We will locate the best insurance carrier that understands your diabetic neuropathy and issue first-day coverage.
How Can Funeral Funds Help Me?
Here at Funeral Funds, we specialize in getting life insurance coverage for applicants with diabetic neuropathy.
We work with many A+ rated insurance companies that specialize in high-risk clients. We will search those companies to find the best life insurance rates. We’ll match you up with your best life insurance option.
We will assist you in securing the coverage you need at a rate you can afford. So, if you want to get affordable life insurance with diabetic neuropathy, we can help. Fill out our quote form on this page or call us at (888)862-9456 to get accurate burial insurance quotes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get final expense insurance if I have neuropathy?
Yes, you can even get first-day coverage if you apply to the right company.
Can diabetics with neuropathy get funeral insurance?
Yes. Some companies even offer 1st-day coverage to pay for funeral costs.
Is diabetic neuropathy a chronic condition in life insurance?
Yes, because nerve damage is permanent and will affect the body for life.
Can you be denied life insurance for diabetes with neuropathy?
Yes, some insurance companies will not accept applicants who have diabetic neuropathy.
Is diabetic neuropathy considered a pre-existing condition in life insurance?
Yes, because once you’ve been diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy, you will never fully recover.
Is neuropathy considered a critical illness in life insurance?
Yes, neuropathy is considered a critical illness.